Friday, May 29, 2009

Speak for Myself.

I have to trust in myself, that not only will my music speak for itself but my actions as well. I have to be self sustaining... When you live in a city that does not support musicians unless you come with dough, than you learn about self support. Am I really an "internet rapper" that should be ignored? Last time I checked, I've written in the "real world"; have performed "in the real world"; Live, breathe, eat, love, fuck, all of that in the "real world" you know what I'm sayin, I exist in the "real world", I'm as real as you are..

If you were dealing in the city that I am, you'd turn to your only outlet for letting the world hear you. And last time I checked "major rappers" frequent the internet and use the same outlets that I do..Do you really need a major co-sign to respect someone? Why can't their music speak for them? Don't get it twisted I love Baltimore but to love something you have to realize it's pros and cons..but it's impossible to make it here..and believe me if I had the money I'd move to New York or LA to pursue this dream..but I'm dealing with reality.

I always try to improve myself after each & every effort I've put out (ever since I've picked up a pen), I analyze every flaw & try to improve on it, all I want to do is put out the best music for the world to hear. I'm not bitching or complaining or anything I'm just saying let the music talk for itself instead of stereotyping before you even listen. If you support me I love ya'll, if not than I feel the same animosity back at you. In fact I feel indifferent, because I realize when the time comes you'll be begging for me to do shit for you..and that's when I'll hit you with that same line "well you're only on the internet, I don't know..." :)

It's all good ya'll, get the tape when you get a chance!!!

PEACE

- The Black Sunn

No comments: