Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Born Alone, Die Alone" Breakdown.

I'mma have this up on my myspace blog eventually (I lost my password and dealing with myspace support is a bitch!) But as of right now the tape is doing pretty good for an unknown guy from Baltimore...it's at about 990 downloads in 5 days. If you haven't downloaded it yet well hurry up!!

http://www.zshare.net/download/603554054743afe7/

Anyway here's the breakdown, just a look into what i was thinkin when i made the songs..

Through the Sun Lyte - This was just a song I wanted to introduce myself to the world with...where I'm from & why I do what I do...it sums me up as an individual

(We Are..) Born Alone, Die Alone - This one is what the entire tape is about. We're all born alone and when the time comes we'll return to wherever we came from alone. It's not a literal but more spiritual thing..& I touch on why I feel that it's like this..& of course had to have the original inspiration at the end of the track.

The Mellow - This is a song about my "favorite lady" if you haven't gotten it yet..just breathe..relax..follow the flow. I just wanted to make something lyrical that gets enhanced when you get high to it. "if you ain't mellow enough you won't get what i've told ya..."

Directions (feat. 810) - I wanted to make a song about the directions life takes us on..we all have different paths. I hit up 8 & he was down for it. I think we played the metaphor pretty well but i'll let the world be the judge of that.

Alone (interude) - A spoken word piece by a good friend that I really liked because it helped describe me & my mood, not only while making this project but sometimes in general..I do feel alone.

Our Little World (feat. Black Diamond) - Self explanatory...I wrote it as a letter originally & I was gonna give to her. This was like 2 years ago but I said fuck it, threw it into one of my notebooks like maybe one day she'll get it..While I was making this project I found it so I was like fuck it i'll record it. Still stand by every word...

The Right Feeling - This is a song about me & my relationship with Hip Hop. I have a real love/hate thing going on with Hip Hop, and since music is a reflection of my life it's like when things go right I'm feeling the music (my girl) when I'm really not right she just can't help me..and as time passes it seems as if i'm often wrong instead of right...When I wrote the song I was at the lowest point I can ever remember myself being at, for at least 2 weeks i was completely depressed and this was a product of me trying to escape somehow.

Every Need (feat. Black Diamond) - It's not a typical love story lol..it's about addiction..drug & otherwise..wanted to put a different spin on a "love song" & i used examples from my life & some of my friends as inspiration for it

Done Wit It (feat. 810) - No names lol had some shit on my mind about a girl that I had to get off..my attack on the "friend zone" lol...8 had his 2 cents to add as well, it came out great. One of my favorite tracks, imo one of the best that i've ever made.

Black Soul Lust - This one is about black people & us as a race at all..sometimes we do live up to those negative stereotypes from my point of view & this is me conflicted about what is right..but in the end truthfully we all do lust for these things.

I Wanna Go Outside (Interlude) - Represents every relationship I've had with the opposite sex. I didn't spit on it because I felt the silence sums it all up & the clips speak volumes. They're from the movie "Closer". [It also sets up the remainder of the album, it's a "moment of clarity" where I realize...]

Dawn at Night - I actually took inspiration from always going out to this area with my friends & gettin high & doing random shit. felt like expressing it as a song. [Gotta get high...]

HurRaneYe - Yes I wrote a goodbye letter to alcohol. I had quit it for the longest time. I have since relapsed...sue me lol. [& I gotta drink...]

Remedy - It's me seeking help, I also wrote it at one of the lowest points in my life..The quote is from the movie "No Country for Old Men" ...It's sums up what I have to say about this track..I've been putting up with a lot of bullshit & i have to get past it [& I'm still seeking help]

Greener Dayz - ...The god honest truth is that this was a suicide letter I was writing out...I figured that if I wrote it out as a rhyme the world would at least know, (in my death), that I had a talent that today seems like is not appreciated...After I wrote it out it was like 3 or 4 am in the morning I walked around my college campus & was about to do it on my way back to my room but for some reason i just didn't...i kept the rhyme for a while & when this project finally came up between mydus & I, I was searching for an album name...the very last line stuck out (that & the fact that i was listening to nas' illmatic & az's doe or die nonstop at the time)...so much that I decided to make it into a song & make an album about "being born alone, & dying alone". This album is like everything in between being born alone & dying alone. So that's how this song & this project came about..[because i think i'm suicidal]

((A Beautiful Day - I added this song because I felt that the album ended on too much of a grim note & wanted to have something upbeat & positive to take it out instead. And by the time the project was finished i was starting to feel positive about my music & life slightly again.))

3 comments:

Somber Monster said...

Classic.

MeccaGodZilla said...

fam.. this is incredible work!

Chimaobi said...

Nice album Black Sunn, just listened through. Awaiting further releases. It was obviously a focused and concentrated effort.

The deepest tracks were obviously Black Soul Lust and Alone (the interlude). Where is that flute in the background from, I NEED TO KNOW (that interlude is so nice). Big up to the beat-maker and the Sister on the mic, it was too deep. Tell her thank you.

Peace.