Saturday, October 3, 2009

Small "THE SUNN IS BLACK" Breakdown.

So I usually do breakdowns of my work to give people a glance at my thought process...No different with the EP. This is what I was thinking about when I decided to make each song.

"The Prelude (GodSound)" - This one here was one that I was originally gonna put on my album as an intro. This was before I decided to make it an official "album", (it was just gonna be a mixtape) but as things went along I changed my mind & decided to have original production. 

Basically I'm describing my motives when it comes to music: why I record, who my music is for (everyone), and inviting you into the mind of me...

"4eva (This is...)" - This is just me breaking down 3 things I know last forever: My skill, Love, and Hip Hop is general.  There are a lot of lines that have double meanings in this (for those who have good ears). This song (the beat) was one of the first ones I made for the EP.

"Puttin' In Work" - A nigga put in work!! lol I talk about the stress of puttin in work for the things you love...it applies to more than just music.

"So Alive" - "It's not even like a love thing..." Song I wrote about this shorty I met about a year ago. To be honest she's inspired a lot of my music...and I still got mad love for her.

"Who I Am" - Track I originally did for this mixtape but ended up fitting with the EP (especially because I used all Damu beats). Honestly this track is a reaction to people doubting and ignoring me. I'mma let the WORLD know who I am...bet that.

"No Sleep (feat. 810)- So 810 & I usually record during the same sessions (something we've been doing since we were little) and I'm like I gotta get you on this EP, so I played em this beat and we came up with this song. It's an ode to creative people like us, hence the chant we included at the end.

With the chorus I say "there's no sleep for the weary within this game...we all chase for fame and what comes from it, but it's a constant fight just to maintain". Basically creative people want to be recognized but at the same time the pressure of creating great things can eat us alive. "it's a constant fight to maintain". There's no time (no sleep) to dwell on this though, we just gotta persevere. Only the strong survive. 

With the EP I just wanted to give ya'll a taste of what's to come later in October...I honestly cannot wait to share that with you all. 

Until next time...

PEACE

No comments: